Free English Class for Vulnerable Groups
06 Jul 2020
Location: Thu Duc College of Technology, Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration: 12/2017 - 6/2019
Partner: IECD - European Institute of Cooperation and Development
Project Code: TT04
Background: The Bakery & Pastry Training Centre is a project of our partner - IECD (European Institute of Cooperation and Development) collaborating with OpenM in terms of improving English level of 20 "future bakers" within 6 months. This is a non-profit organization based in Ho Chi Minh City in TDC Campus dedicated to Vietnamese vulnerable youngsters and their future employment through an intensive training in Bakery and Pastry at the highest standards of qualification, English and Life skills lessons.
- Teaching English:
1. Prepare lesson plan for the period of 6 months of teaching
2. Conduct conversational classes for bakery students
3. Provide assistance to students who require after-class study
4. Build KPI to evaluate the children development each month.
5. Customize teaching methods based on the children regarding their learning styles and types of intelligence
6. Organize outdoor activities for students
- Supporting in business section (according to volunteers' interests) such as: marketing research, product development strategy, fundraising, event planning, digital communication and so on.
Accommodation & Food: Volunteers will stay with host family with available meals for breakfast and dinner (sometime breakfast should be self-prepared as the family may be in no position to provide), only lunch will be at work.
Leisure activities: 2 days off on weekends for excursion, environmental learning, party
Nearest airport: Tan Son Nhat international airport
Requirements: 19+, working visa, good at both verbal & non-verbal English, experience or willing to work with teenagers having disadvantaged background
Inscription fee: 100 USD/month (volunteers from developed countries)