02 Jan 2017
Location: Ho Chi Minh city
Duration: 10/2017 - 07/2018
Local partner: Social Enterprises in Ho Chi Minh city
Project Code: TT02
Budget: 56,000 €
Open up your EYES project is the next stage of the successful project EYES carried out from 2015 to 2016. This project is run in 5 countries including Romania, Croatia, Philippines, France and Vietnam. In Vietnam, OpenM - a Vietnamese social enterprise will be in charge of this project.
In the context of Euro area, the high unemployment rate among young Europeans has reached 22,5% of youth under 25 are currently unemployed according to statista.com. This will have negative impact not only on society but also on economy. Moreover, public financial support to NGOs across Europe are going down due to a lack of financial resources caused by challenging economic context, consequently, diversification of NGO resources is vital. Due to these following reasons, this projects is carried out in order to promote employability of young people by working in the field of social business and facilitate these organizations to develop auto - financing and private funding activities and secure youth workers’ jobs.
In addition, the project is designed so as to support young people in social entrepreneurship and assist them turn their social projects into reality like OpenM.Throughout this project, social and solidarity economy (SES) initiatives are promoted in 5 European and Asian countries including Romania,Philippines, Croatia, Vietnam and France to develop exchanges of practices and multi - dimension transfer innovation.
- Training seminar in Marseille, France to launch the project with physical meeting of the members and create a friendly cooperation within the working group.
- Workshops for youth workers whose job shadowing are innovation and good practices transfer from partners to partners and support to volunteer and mid-term evaluation of the project.
- Closing seminar in the Philippines to report activities.
- Project assistant: Coordinate with local enterprise to conduct the project.
- Event/PR coordinator: video – making, hold local event to promote social business.